Friday, May 1, 2009

Spinach Pasta, Blessings, and Beads!

OK, so my sisters tell my that all my posts are Katelyn... and they're right. So I decided to include some non-Katelyn goings ons...

First of all, let me share with you a recent cooking adventure...
I recently got a kitchen aid stand mixer and have been just itching to try out some of the listed recipes, I don't know like... spinach pasta for instance.














This was my mess before I started cooking...



















I was so proud of my first little success! The pasta dough! Looked good, smelled good, nice and squishy...




















Here's where I started running into problems... it was sticky and clumpy and just... wrong.




















yet, I pressed on! Even though too even get it to somewhat hold it's form I had to use the thickest setting for egg noodles...















Ah! Finally, all my pasta was shredded! I was feeling OK about this little endeavor... until I started putting it in the pot. Suddenly I realized I had one large gooey mass of noodles instead of nice individual noodles.















I was only able to redeem about a third of them for the boiling,

















and sadly went back to square one with the rest of the noodles.















After much effort and about two hrs, dinner was finally served!




















The Moment of truth!




















Verdict: Cheese















LOTS of CHEESE!!!




















Katelyn was surprisingly good through the whole thing!

Now, for the Baby Blessings!














Our friends Lindsey and Robert Blessed their little Girl Emma! What a little doll!














The Zabels blessed their sweet little girl, and the Hancocks blessed their little boy, too but I wasn't fast enough to get a photo of him...















We took some pics, too!

















Katelyn posing for pics in a bumbo! (Aaron and Sarah's)

Now for the Beads!!!














I made a sweet little bracelet for Katelyn.





































I thought it would look cute as a princess tiara! I think Katelyn agreed! She actually wore it for a few minutes! So cute!




















I call this one Spicy Tomato Salad!













Bulbs of Bronze!














and Berry Beauty!


























































I decided to model them too... and had a little too much fun I think... !






7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those noodles look yummy! And the jewelry you made looks amazing!

Linds said...

First, that is an awful picture of me! Second, the noodles do look good and I love your beads. We need to get together to do some beading!

Sarah said...

Wow, noodles from scratch - that's impressive. I'm glad you got that picture of me with Avery cause I didn't even think of getting one with just her and I. Thanks!

howeshomepage said...

LOL! Your modeling was truly lovely!

Alicia Alee said...

Ha ha, a post diff. than Katelyn. :) That spinach pasta looked good!! The squishy mess did crack me up, but you are braver than I!! Good job for even trying! ;) And I love your bead necklaces!!! Make ME one! Love u-

Stephanie said...

I've tried the thin pasta before and it is pretty hard. I want to try the thick egg noddles like you would put in chicken noodle soup. My grandma says they are easy and she used to roll them out and throw them over the back of a chair to dry a little.

So I can't offer much help on noodles but we should do a recipe swap!

Carissa said...

That's strange that I've already commented... because I've never seen this post before! LOL... someone was logged in as me, hmm? But I would have to agree that the noodles look yummy, good job! And I do like the necklaces. :)

Contributors